Occasionally folks will question the act of drawing in a Bible, is it disrespectful? My take on it is, it HELPS me to meditate on the Word and I LOVE flipping through and catching a glimpse of a picture and I know instantly what is on the page and the scripture repeats in my head. I haven't mentioned the group so far because while I am very careful not to cover any text, and I am illustrating what I read, some other folks are just "doodling" for doodling sake....some are completely covering the text! I cringe every time I see text covered. The flower doodlers don't bother me so much because they will get the same benefit of flipping through and getting instant recall...BUT, I really do have a problem with folks covering the text so that you can't read it!!! EVERY WORD MATTERS!!!
Sorry, back to the occasional threads questioning any form of marking up Bibles. I have been appalled at some of the responses to the question! A couple have even said... "It is just a book, just like any book." WHAT?!!! My first thought was to disassociate myself from the group, but then I decided better to stay and say what I am thinking ... I guess it would call it being passive aggressive...
This is my new title page of my Bible... posted to the group... not very beautiful but I hope it gets the point across ...
The Bible is NOT JUST ANOTHER BOOK!!!
- - It is actually a collection of 66 books
- - Written by 44 different authors
- - In 3 different languages
- - In 3 continents
- - It took over 1600 years to write and it is still being read and changing lives!!!
- - It is a love letter from our Father God
- - It is THE instruction manual for how to live life (yes, life DOES come with instructions!)
- - It is THE HOLY Bible!!! (all three of those words are significant)
- THE - meaning THE ONLY
- HOLY - sacred, reverent, deserves respect
- Bible - the collection of sacred writings of the Christian religion, comprising the Old and New Testaments. authoritative, the most important book in a given field.
NO! NO! NO! The Bible IS NOT JUST ANOTHER BOOK!